The lettuce is bigger than me. I cut a large section of fabric into a shape imitating a leaf of romaine lettuce. To introduce visual texture, I cut around the entirety of the fabric, creating a scalloped edge—further mimicking the desired burger accouterment. We then (that is my seamstress K-Swiss and I) took a smaller remnant of fabric and created the rib. I love the rib…we place it within the larger and pin in down, folding the fabric as we do so, creating a pleated effect when pulled and sown down; further lending itself to the visual texture of the piece. First it was painted white with spray paint, then upon it’s drying it was newly painted with fresh green. Later, highlights and lowlights were added using varies spray paints in white and hues of green to complete the overall visual interest of the piece, ultimately adding another layer of depth to the burger.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s